Since mid-2018, people from the United Arab Emirates do not need a visa to enter the country, including all citizens of Dubai. This is because, countries that used to be exempt from visas were included in the application list for eTA, an electronic authorization for non-visa countries that allows them to travel to the country for business or tourism reasons.
The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is a permit for access to the country that offers the possibility to citizens of 45 countries to travel to Canada for business, tourism or to visit family and friends for a maximum stay of 6 months. For its application, the only necessary requirements are to belong to the list of eligible countries and have a current passport.
If you are from Dubai, you need an eTA in the case that:
-You travel by air from a country that does not need a visa
If you are from Dubai, you do not need eTA in the case that:
-You already have a valid visa to enter the country (if you have another nationality).
-You enter Canada by sea or land.
-You have permission to study or work.
-You are part of the Armed Forces and you visit the country officially.
-You are an accredited diplomat.
Now, you may be wondering, how to apply for Canada Visa from Dubai?
1. The first thing you should do is to have your passport as well as a credit card to make the required payment for the application and an available email.
2. Then, you must start the process and fill out the eTA Canada form. Here your personal data will be requested in conjunction with your passport information.
3. Make the payment for the amount of the transaction. This can be done with a debit or credit card, including Mastercard, Visa, PayPal and few more
4. Verify-in your email the status of the request. There are applications that are approved in just a few minutes; however, there are others that require some type of confirmation, so they request other types of documents.
Please note that once you start the eTA application process you must finish it at that time or your information and data will not be saved. For this reason, we recommend that when you start making your application, you have all your passport and travel details ready.
It is important to know that for all citizens, including those in Dubai, the eTA Canada has a valid duration of 5 years. If the passport expires before this period and is renewed, the same must be done with the eTA permit.
Likewise, in order to know how to apply for a Canada visa from Dubai, you may ask, when should I do the process? And the answer is as follows: The Canadian government advises applying since you have established your travel itinerary. Nevertheless, an eTA document can be obtained at the last minute using a smartphone. Only one internet connection is needed. Email authorization takes only a few minutes.
Other essential information:
– It is not mandatory to print the eTA, as it is electronically linked with your passport or travel document.
– You can make your request through the official Canadian Government website or by requesting specialized agency services.