What is an eTA or Evisa?
Have you ever heard about eTA Canada? Do you know how it works?
The eTA was introduced by the Canadian government to replace the conventional Canada visa. However, it applies to “Visa Waiver countries”, like Germany, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic. Citizens of these countries are exempt from the visa requirement for Canada and e-visa is just an electronic arrival permit.
A new law on border security in Canada has been effective since 15 March 2016, and electronic travel authorization has been introduced. Since that time, travelers who want to travel to Canada must have such an electronic visa before starting your flight.
This is nothing more than a conventional Canada visa, but with limitations. Let’s discuss here…
Who can submit a form for eTA Canada?
If you have a valid Czech Citizenship, you can apply for an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) instead of running the entire application again. After all, eTA is nothing more than a Canadian visa online with very low application cost – the pocket thanks you! – The process is super-fast and saves time.
How to apply for a Canadian visa for Czech?
You do not need to visit a Canadian embassy or consulate to apply for an eTA. You can apply for your e-visa below, conveniently online within a few minutes before departure.
Do you still have concerns to know more about Canadian visa for Czech citizens?
If it’s a yes, then follow this article to the end, to clear your all main doubts and also learn about its ADVANTAGES at the end.
What are the requirements to submit an eTA application?
- Valid passport
- An email address
- A recognized payment option (e.g. Credit card)
You do not need to have a printed eTA with you during your stay in Canada and for 6 months the passport must be valid. Your ID card is of course not valid in Canada whereas the Canadian government has a passport requirement for foreigners.
What is the validity of eTA?
The validity of eTA is 5 years as it is connected to a passport. However, if your passport expires during this time, your eTA will also expire at that moment. So, the Canadian visa for Czech citizens and others must also be applied again if your passport expires within the period of validity.
Remember: eTA allows you to enter the country under the same conditions as a tourist visa, but only by air. If you are traveling and want to enter by land, the online authorization will not be valid.
Which countries can apply for eTA?
All flight passengers who want to enter from visa-free countries must have valid electronic travel authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. Electronic travel authorization applies to citizens of the following countries:
Andorra, Antigua & amp; Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, British Overseas Territories, Brunei, Chile, Czech, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Hungary, US citizens with permanent residence in the USA, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Cyprus.
The 6 main benefits of eTA
With the introduction of the eTA, the Canadian government is pursuing the goal of making it easier and faster for innocent travelers.
- Electronic travel authorization eliminates the need for case-by-case checks.
- It has sped up the entry.
- People who are not harmless
- The electronic travel authorization makes it easier to identify illegal groups of people and therefore exclude them from entering the country.
- This measure helps to make border protection in Canada more effective.
- In addition, it helps to reduce staffing costs and thus save costs.
What Do We Offer?
- Step by step personalized support for the correct preparation of your eTA application.
- Online chat and customer support throughout our easy and fast eTA application service.
- Email notifications and updates on all changes to the law.
- Preparation of the application from professional agents.
1) For which type of travel is the eTA Canada visa valid?
You can use eTA as a tourist, student or business, as well as transit through Canadian airports.
2) I recently got my Canadian visa and it is still valid. Do I need to order an eTA anyway?
You don’t have to. If you have a valid visa, you can travel with it directly, without the need to issue the ETA.
3) I want to do an exchange in Canada for more than six months. Do I need to issue another visa in addition to eTA?
Yes. As eTA authorizes you to enter and stay in Canada with tourist conditions, that is, up to a maximum of 6 months, you will need to issue a student visa, which allows the exchange student to stay longer at the destination.